Download the Press Kit (PDF).
Your Guide to the Flip Side of ADHD
Your guide to the flip side of ADHD: wwlp.com
Members of the press can download images for use in articles or publications.
Tracey Bromley Goodwin, M.Ed, ACC, and Holly Oberacker, ATR, LMHC, have 30 years of combined experience working with children, teens and families. Tracey, an ADHD/Executive Functioning and Life Coach, Specializing in ADHD, and Holly, a counselor and Art Therapist, joined forces in 2009, founding the consulting business Navigating ADHD, Inc. Navigating ADHD helps children, parents, adults, and professionals struggling with ADHD or executive functioning weaknesses. Navigating ADHD offers keynote addresses, seminars, workshops, support groups, and one-on-one counseling and ADHD coaching serving around 300 clients per year. Their multi-modal approach is dynamic as art is often part of their work with children teens, and adults. Tracey and Holly use their own experiences in counseling and education to create practical, realistic strategies that can truly help parents and children face the daily challenges of ADHD. Their learning and support center is located in Centerville, Massachusetts with satellite offices on Nantucket and virtual services internationally. Tracey and Holly have been guests on Fox News and NBC’s Mass Appeal and have been featured in the press for their Award Winning Book; Navigating ADHD: Your Guide to the Flip Side of ADHD.
Address: P.O. Box 1053, Centerville, MA 02632
Phone: (508) 566-0093
Online: www.navigatingadhd.com / @navigatingadhd / Navigating ADHD
Co-founders: Holly Oberacker, ATR, LMHC and Tracey Bromley Goodwin, M. Ed, ADHD Coach
Book: Navigating ADHD: Your Guide to the Flipside of ADHD, AuthorHouse; (2011)
- Keynote Addresses, Seminars and Workshops: Navigating ADHD seminars and workshops are geared toward professionals in the fields of medicine, education and mental health as well as for families dealing with ADHD. These innovative and engaging programs are geared toward adult learners with the goal of equipping attendees with skills necessary for successfully managing the daily challenges of an ADHD diagnosis.
- Parent Education Support Groups: Parent education support groups are designed to guide families through any frustration or sense of isolation they may be experiencing. Participants gain support from others with similar experiences, while participating in an interactive, educational workshop.
- Multimodal Approach – Clients work with both Tracey and Holly and get both art therapy and executive functioning coaching while parents receive training and support.
- One-on-One Sessions: Academic, ADHD, Executive Functioning, Life Skill Coaching and Art Therapy sessions are for families as well as anyone diagnosed with ADHD.
- Speaking Engagements: Navigating ADHD speaking engagements are tailored to meet the specific needs of an organization’s target audience. Topics may include, but are not limited to, An ADHD Introduction, Communication Strategies, Social Skills, Bullying,Using Art in Your Work with ADHD Children and Teens and Teaching Strategies.
Holly Oberacker, ATR, LMHC
Creative, personalized counseling—When natural strengths are combined with skill building and unconditional acceptance, personal growth is limitless.
Holly Oberacker is an Art Therapist and Licensed Mental Health Counselor with more than twenty years experience. She loves working with all age groups and combines her knowledge, skills and training to develop solution-focused strategies for her clients diagnosed with ADHD, anxiety, depression and related mental health disorders. Holly recognizes the value of creating a warm and empathetic environment to help her clients feel confident so they can develop lifelong strategies for any challenge they may face. Holly is a firm believer that change can occur for anyone and strives to help her clients and their families manage the emotional and behavioral challenges that arise. Holly’s approach is solution-focused and proactive. She holds a Masters of Art in Art Therapy from the University of Illinois at Chicago.
Tracey Bromley Goodwin, M. Ed, ADHD Coach
Unparalleled Executive Functioning Coaching – When executive functioning skills are strong anything is possible.
Tracey Bromley Goodwin is a sought after Executive Functioning and Life Coach and has helped thousands of clients strengthen their organizational, time management, and self advocacy skills. She draws from twenty seven years experience in the field of education. Tracey uses her strong intuition, creativity and enthusiasm to help her clients develop the right strategies for each area of challenge.
The possibilities are endless when Tracey is on your side helping to develop and strengthen the needed skills for reaching goals. Tracey’s favorite aspect of executive functioning coaching is seeing the strategies “click” for the first time. Once her clients see that her strategies actually work, it is truly magical. Tracey’s expertise in ADHD and executive functioning make her acutely aware of the educational challenges students face. She helps them develop strategies for each step of the way, bolstering their abilities for organization, prioritization, task completion, and communication. She utilizes her students’ natural abilities so the sessions are more fun than work and keeps her students accountable, thereby ensuring new levels of success
NAVIGATING ADHD: YOUR GUIDE TO THE FLIP SIDE OF ADHD
When parents first hear that their child has ADHD, many feel as if they’ve been set adrift on an emotional sea of guilt, isolation, confusion and fear. To help these parents and their children navigate the challenges of home life, school, and ADHD treatment, Tracey Bromley Goodwin and Holly Oberacker have created Navigating ADHD: Your Guide to the Flip Side of ADHD. This solutions-based guide to living with ADHD is a beacon for parents and children alike. Holly, an art therapist, and Tracey, an educational consultant, have more than 30 years of combined experience working with children and families living with ADHD. The authors steer readers through an understanding of the ADHD diagnosis, communication strategies, social and organizational skills and ADHD treatments, among other subjects. Each chapter presents real-life scenarios, concrete strategies and proven solutions that give parents the confidence they need to help their child excel. Appendices in the back of the book provide additional resources for easy reference.
Authors: Holly Oberacker, ATR, LMHC and Tracey Bromley Goodwin, M. Ed.
Published: March 2011
Publisher: AuthorHouse, Bloomington, IN
Availability: Navigating ADHD: Your Guide to the Flip Side of ADHD is available online for pre-order at www.navigatingadhd.com, at www.amazon.com and at www.barnesandnoble.com and can be found in local bookstores.
- “[Navigating ADHD is] a practical guide for parents and caregivers, a welcome addition to the literature on understanding and communicating effectively with ADHD children, from managing anger and oppositional behavior, through structuring routines, to homework management, to teaching organizational skills, written in clear, understandable language by two uniquely qualified and experienced professionals.” – Generoso G. Gascon, MD, Pediatric Neurology, Massachusetts General Hospital
- “Tracey and Holly have created a real tool for parents journeying with a child with ADD/ADHD. Not only do they talk about the dynamics the parents deal with daily but give strategies that are realistic and give long term results in supporting their child.” – Cindy Horgan, Cape Cod Children’s Place Family Support Coordinator
- “I’m totally engrossed in your book! I feel like you are actually talking to me as I read it. The style and narrative have such a great flow- almost like the difference between reading lyrics and hearing a song.” – Lori P., Parent
Download the Press Kit (PDF).