ADHD and Back to School Resources
- Teacher Email
The purpose of the check in email is to check in with a teacher on goals that are part of an ADHD treatment plan. In this example the teacher is familiar with the goals and is an active member of the support team. The three most important aspects to a check-in email are:
- Keep the length short as teachers are very busy and you want this to be easy to respond to.
- Make it very clear what you would like to check in on so that the teacher knows exactly what you are asking about.
- Acknowledge that you truly appreciate the teacher’s efforts. This isn’t fake praise this is a genuine statement of what you are thankful for.
The tone of the email should be positive. Also, the email should be written in such a way which makes it easy for the teacher to understand and respond. Use this email as a starting point in creating your own email.
ADHD and Technology Resources
- When was the last time you watched you child stare at a screen and rolled your eyes and said, “Ugh! She is constantly connected!” Or you were looking at your child’s grades and said, “If she spent half as much time on homework as she does on social media, she would be a straight A student.”We hear you, these are real quotes, from real Navigating ADHD, Inc. clients. Check out our resources below and see for yourself how we can help!
ADHD Treatment Plan Resources
- Want to be sure that your child is on track with their ADHD Treatment Plan goals? Use our email template to check-in with teachers regarding your child’s progress towards their educational goals. Click here to download your template.
- How to Develop a Measurable and Effective ADHD Treatment Plan Infographic
Art and ADHD Treatment